- August 24, 2019
Free Compound Bow Clinic – Members Only
Tuesdays, 9/10/19-11/5/19, 6:00-8:00pm
Beginning September 10th through November 5th, Chester Rod & Gun Club will be conducting a FREE archery clinic for Members only in compound bow shooting.
This clinic is designed for the novice and for those archers with limited or inconsistent shooting ability who would like to improve their shooting skills.
The clinic will entail checking for proper fit of the bow/equipment and proper shooting form and techniques.
For those who are thinking about getting into archery, we would be happy to discuss how/where to choose the proper equipment and the best way to obtain maximum satisfaction from the sport.
If this is something that you feel may benefit you and you would like to participate, please contact:
as soon as possible so he can properly prepare for the number of participants.
- July 22, 2019
IMPORTANT! Proposed Changes to CRGC Bylaws
August 19th, 2019 Members Meeting
Two very important proposed changes to the existing Bylaws of the CRGC will be introduced, discussed and voted upon at the August Members Meeting.
If these issues are important to you, it is imperative that you attend the August 19th, 2019 Members Meeting.
1. Qualifying on Ranges Members Want to Shoot On
The first set of changes will be outlined in the Range Rules and will require Members to qualify on the ranges he or she wants to shoot on.
- Currently, if a member qualifies on the Indoor Pistol Range they can also shoot on the outdoor pistol and rifle ranges.
- Currently, if a member chooses not to qualify on the Indoor Pistol Range they can still shoot on the outdoor pistol and rifle ranges.
- Starting with the qualification process in August of 2019, new member qualifications will be held on the Indoor Pistol Range allowing members to be qualified to shoot on the Indoor and Outdoor Pistol ranges, the Plate Rack and the Bowling Pin Ranges.
- New members wanting to use the Outdoor Rifle Range will be required to qualify on the Rifle Range.
- During 2020, ALL current members will have to re-qualify on the the Indoor Pistol Range to be eligible to use the Outdoor Pistol, Plate Rack and Bowling Pin Ranges.
- Current Members will also have to qualify on the Outdoor Rifle Range if they want to use the Rifle Range.
The Safety of all members is the main goal of the Chester Rod and Gun Club. Implementing these changes will ensure all pistol and/or rifle shooters using the Indoor Pistol Range or any of the Outdoor Ranges mentioned above can handle and shoot their firearm in a safe manner.
2. Eliminate Reading of Previous Members Meeting Minutes
This Bylaw change will allow for a quicker meeting. Currently, the Recording Secretary reads the Minutes of the previous meeting at the start of each Members Meeting. The proposed change would eliminate the reading of the Minutes. In lieu of their reading during a meeting, the Minutes would be posted seven days prior to each meeting and ten printed copies would be available the night of each Members Meeting for Members to review. At the start of the meeting, the President will ask if there are any errors or omissions to the previous month’s Meeting Minutes followed by a Member’s vote to accept the Minutes as recorded or amended.
If you have questions, please eMail:
- July 17, 2019
PLEASE HELP: Missing Action Shooting Stands
Two GT heavy duty H-base stands were placed in the Action Shooting Pits for Members’ use.
These were brand new stands placed for evaluating usage and care by Members. With effective use and care, there is the potential for adding additional stands.
Unfortunately, the stands no longer seem to be there!
- If you may have taken them hoping to find the owner or know of their location, would you please notify me so that we can get them back and continue to have nice things for our members to use.
- You may also just return them next to the doors of the red Conex by the AS Pits and we will find them.
- If you have any info please contact me through the Club’s website Contact Form.
We’re hoping for their fast recovery!
Thank you …
AS Committee Chair
- June 29, 2019
Volunteers Needed – Members 3D Archery Target Setup
Volunteers Needed for 2-3 hours!
Saturday June 29th we will be putting out some new targets on the Club Members’ 3D Archery Range. We’ll start at 8:00am. We’ll also be cleaning up the shooting lanes and moving some of the shots. We would welcome and greatly appreciate your help.
Volunteers who help will be awarded Service Hour credits. AND, we’ll also have coffee, soda, water and donuts!
- Bring gloves and bug spray.
- Your help will make a difference!
If you can help, please call or email:
Cell: (603) 819-9065
- June 10, 2019
Our Thanks to All Who Volunteered Their Help!
Our Thanks to All Who Volunteered Their Help!
We’ve had an OVERWHELMING response to our request for Volunteers to help with Indoor Range Cleaning!
We now have the maximum number of participants we can engage in the Indoor Pistol Range Cleaning on June 15th. Your very generous and quick response will allow our Indoor Pistol Range to re-open immediately following the cleaning and also supports its operation as a clean and safe Range.
The continued operation of our Ranges, Leagues, Events, and Facilities depends on the willingness of our Members to lend a hand.
Just a few hours of your time during the year makes a BIG difference!
If you volunteered, attempted to volunteer or were going to volunteer but hadn’t had the opportunity to contact us yet,
WE THANK YOU!
There will be many opportunities to volunteer and your help will make a difference!
- June 7, 2019
Volunteers REALLY Needed!
Indoor Pistol Range Trap Cleaning – 6/15/19
Volunteers REALLY Needed!
The Indoor Pistol Range will be closed Saturday June 15, 2019 from 11:00 am until 3:00 pm in order to remove lead from the bullet trap. Removal of lead from the bullet trap on the Indoor Pistol Range must be done periodically for safety.
Volunteers who help will be awarded 8 Service Hour credits which earns you the full discount of $40 off your next membership renewal. If enough volunteers help, this cleaning can easily be done in two hours or less . AND, we’ll also have pizza for you when the cleaning is done!
- All helpers must wear a Tyvek suit and must be willing and able to wear a respirator (required). Safety Equipment will be supplied by the club.
- If we don’t get enough volunteers, we may have to delay re-opening the Range. Needless to say, your help will make a difference!
If you can help, please contact:
Per CRGC Policy:
- Removal of spent lead collected from any of our ranges by individual members is prohibited. This applies to lead removed from the bullet trap on the Indoor Pistol Range and any lead that might be collected from berms or other areas on the outdoor ranges.
- This is to limit the club’s liability for any potential mishandling of lead originating on our ranges. Once removed from the property, lead and any associated waste products are subject to regulation as hazardous materials by the NHDES and EPA, depending on the exact nature of the ultimate disposition. For that reason, and because the club cannot control the material once it leaves our property, the BOD has chosen to allow only the contracted metals recycling firm to remove any lead from club property.
- As a reminder, the policy for spent brass (casings) is as follows: Members may remove spent brass (casings) shot by the individual member. They may also remove spent brass (casings) from the ground or from collection buckets for their personal use in reloading activities. Removal of brass for any purpose other than reloading remains prohibited.
- May 29, 2019
New Dedicated Webpage for Site Survey and Site Plan Information
In an effort to keep Members better informed, we have created a new webpage to consolidate all Site Survey and Site Plan activity and information. We invite you to visit this page often to monitor the progress of the effort. The page can be accessed from the Members Area on the menu bar or from the Site Survey and Site Plan information box on the Home page of the website.
- May 20, 2019
CRGC is Now a National Shooting Sports Foundation Affiliated Organization
CRGC is pleased to be recognized as a NSSF Affiliated organization. The mission of the NSSF is to promote, protect and preserve hunting and the shooting sports. Formed in 1961, NSSF has a membership of more than 12,000 manufacturers, distributors, firearms retailers, shooting ranges, sportsmen’s organizations and publishers. To learn more, visit https://www.nssf.org/
- April 22, 2019
2019 UNH Shooting Sports Team Fundraiser Event – April 27th
To everyone at Chester Rod and Gun Club, my name is Connor Foley and I’m the President of the University of New Hampshire’s Shooting Sports Team. Our annual fundraiser is coming up on April 27th and we wanted to reach out and invite local gun clubs. We’d love to see any of your club’s members come down and join us for a great day of shooting at 20th Skeet and Clays in Hooksett, NH.
Also if anyone is willing to donate items for us to raffle off, such as passes to shoot at your facilities or other things along those lines, we would very much appreciate that. We are primarily a privately funded team, so we are accepting monetary donations as well if anyone would like to support youth shooting sports but cannot attend. We hope to see you there on April 27th!
- April 15, 2019
Website Updates and Discussion Forum Online!
We have been working to create a new “Members Area“ on the CRGC Website. The new area is password protected to ensure everyone’s privacy and security. This area has been created so that we can add new secure features and capabilities. While we’re currently working on several new items, the first capabilities we plan to launch are a Work Hours Submission Form and a Work Hours Lookup form.
You will notice changes on the Main Menu. We have moved items around a bit, added a Members Area menu item and dropdown menu, and a Log In/Log Out item. The Log In/Log Out item provides access to ALL ITEMS in the new “Members Area” section. You MUST login to access any of the items listed on the Members Area dropdown menu. The website no longer uses the global password (crgc plus gate code) for viewing private documents and pages.
The first time you attempt to Log In,
- Click the “Lost your password?” link on the Log In form
- On the Lost Password form, enter the email address you have on file with CRGC
- A Password Reset link will be emailed to you
- Once you’ve reset your Password, you will be able to Log In to the Members Area during the current or future visits
In the image above, new menu items are pointed out with red markers and the Members Area menu item and dropdown menu is displayed. And YES! The CRGC Discussion Forum is back online! The Discussion Forum has been rebuilt on a new platform. All legacy Forums, Topics and Posts have been migrated to the new Forum.
We’re still tweaking the website and have a lot of work to do. If you encounter any issues or have suggestions, please contact the CRGC Webmaster using the website Contact Form.
- March 18, 2019
2019 Spring Bullseye Pistol League
Here’s the lineup for the 2019 Spring Bullseye Pistol League!
Thursday nights 6:00 pm to 8:00 pm from March 28th thru May 30th
Sign-up Night is March 21st at 6:00pm.
- For signing up, introduction for new members, and warm up for others.
- IRQual is avalible for those who have not yet been qualified to use the indoor pistol range.
- Sign-up and first shoot for score. Bullseye targets are provided.
Bring your own practice targets please.
- Rim fire runs first then center fire.
Makeup’s will be accommodated once everyone has shot for score.
Sign Up Forms and More Information
1. Reservation Form
This League can only accommodate 30 participants. To insure your space, make your reservation now by clicking this link:
2. Sign-up Night Form
You will need to bring this completed form to Sign-up Night. This Form is available from:
- the League Reservation Form
- by clicking the link below
- at the indoor pistol range
- on the website in CRGC Private Documents > League Documents
More information and the Sign Up form are also available on the website under Disciplines > Pistol League.
Ken Welch, Chairman
Bullseye Pistol League
- January 1, 2019
2019 Membership Renewals Completed!
2019 Renewals Completed!
Our thanks to All for your cooperation in getting this done! And our special thanks to all of you who worked tirelessly to receive and process 2019 Renewal Applications! We couldn’t have done it without you!!!
- January 1, 2019
Get Involved 2019!
Seeking Archery Range Chairpersons!
With the growing popularity of Archery and the increased use of CRGC Archery facilities, we are replacing the single Archery Ranges Chairperson position with two new positions:
- Indoor Archery Range Chairperson
- Outdoor Archery Range Chairperson
Our goal is to improve the management and maintenace of our Archery facilities without increasing the efforts of a single person and committee.
The Archery Range Chairpersons will form and lead separate Indoor and Outdoor Archery Range Committees.
Let’s make 2019 the year for getting involved and making improvements!
If you’re interested in either of these positions, please submit your statement of interest to:
Kevin will review and contact those of you who submit a statement of interest.
Thank you and Happy New Year!
- December 31, 2018
Please note that
the ACTION SHOOTING RANGES ARE CLOSED UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE!
The berms are frozen.
The Pin Shooting and Steel Plate Ranges are open.
- December 19, 2018
Action Shooting Qualification Session – 1/12/19To all members interested in becoming Action Shooting Certified:We will be holding an AS Qualification session at 1:00PM in the Clubhouse Boardroom on January 12th, 2019. The session will consist of roughly an hour of classroom time and will be followed by a live-fire proficiency and safety test.The AS Qualification procedure can be found at the link below – please review prior to orientation:
https://chesterrodandgunclub.com/action-shooting/If you’d like to stay up to date on AS announcements, you can subscribe to the AS mail list at this link:
https://chesterrodandgunclub.com/action-shooting/If you’ve been considering participating in Action Shooting, now is a great time to get certified before our busy season starts next spring.If you plan on attending, please RSVP to:
so we can plan accordingly.Hope to see you all there!
- December 15, 2018
Placement of New Badge Labels
- November 6th-9th, 2018
Security Camera Replacement & Indoor Range Closure
Chester Rod and Gun Club has hired a contractor to replace the security cameras on the indoor and outdoor ranges Nov 6th-9th.
Expect to see technicians on site the following dates:
- Tuesday Nov 6th – Indoor Pistol Range
- Wednesday Nov 7th – Clubhouse and indoor Archery Range
- Thursday Nov 8th – Outdoor Rifle Range
- Friday Nov 9th – Outdoor Pistol Range
The Indoor Pistol Range will be closed Tuesday, November 6th all day.
The other ranges will remain open while work is being done, but expect to see technicians installing cabling in and around the shooting areas.
Your patience and cooperation are greatly appreciated!
- Now thru December 31, 2018
Renew Your Membership for 2019
It’s Membership Renewal time! The 2019 Membership Application Form is now available on the website. Please complete the Renewal Application carefully and thoroughly as a few new items have been added in order for us to better support and communicate with you.For complete Renewal Instructions and the Renewal Application, CLICK HERE
- Wednesday and Saturday Evenings, 7:00-9:00pm Until May 23, 2019
Public Welcome!!! Indoor Pistol Range
Chester Rod and Gun Club is pleased to welcome the public to use of our Indoor Pistol Range! Whether you’re interested in occaisional shooting or considering membership with our Club, we’d be happy to share the use of this Range with you!
- Non-member fee is $10 cash for the 2 hour session
- Shooters must bring their own firearm(s), ammo, eye & ear protection, and targets. No pro shop or rentals available
- Pistols from .22 to .45 caliber only. – .357 & .44 magmum are allowed
- Rifles that shoot .22 short or .22 LR are allowed
- NO Center fire rifles or shotguns are allowed
- AR or AK pistols as well as pistol caliber carbines are NOT allowed
- NO Black Powder guns
- Maximum target size is 12″ X 20″
- Monday, October 22, 2018 through Friday, October 26, 2018
The Rifle Range will be Closed for Roof Repairs
We appreciate your patience during this time.
- Monday, October 22, 2018 through Wednesday, October 24, 2018
The Main Parking Lot & Outdoor Ranges Roadway will be Closed for Repairs
CRGC has engaged a vendor to perform main parking lot and roadway repairs. This requires that the entire roadway from the Clubhouse to the ranges will be closed.The Clubhouse and indoor ranges will be available but parking must be in the front lot outside the main gate.We appreciate your patience during this time.
- October 15, 2018, 6:00pm-7:15pm
Please join us before the Members Meeting for dinner!Dinner will be Hamburgers, Cheeseburgers, Hot dogs, French fries, Dessert, and a drink. Donation: $5.00We look forward to seeing you there!
- October 14, 2018, 10:00am-2:00pm
Meet & Greet Sunday
The Board of Directors of Chester Rod & Gun Club is extending an invitation to all Club Members who would like to share their thoughts or concerns about the Club. Directors will be at the Clubhouse from 10am – 2pm and would welcome the opportunity to meet with you and hear your ideas & suggestions!
- September 26, 2018
CRGC is now affiliated with the Civilian Marksmanship Program!Thanks to our President, Kevin Williams, CRGC is now affiliated with the Civilian Marksmanship Program! By affiliating with the CMP, both individuals and clubs may benefit in a variety of ways. It’s an ideal way for individuals to gain access to training, facilities, equipment, and more.Click the logo for more information!
- September 22, 2018
Help Needed – Archery Range Maintenance
One of the indoor archery targets has unexpectedly become in need of urgent repair. We are therefore accelerating maintenance efforts on our Archery Ranges.Work will include:
- Turning targets on the Indoor Archery Range
- Swapping targets on the Outdoor Archery Range
If you are able to help, we would appreciate your bringing any of the following tools if you have them:
- cordless drills and nut drivers
- open end or box end wrenches
This is a great opportunity to get in your work hours and potentially save on your membership renewal.
Please contact Don Torrisi at (Torrisid11@comcast .net) if you can assist with this project. Thanks in advance for your help and understanding.
- September 16, 2018
The Board of Directors, in working to improve the Membership experience, is going to a new, Agenda-based format for Membership Meetings.Meetings will continue to include the elements of past meetings but will now primarily focus on the presentation and discussion of ideas and concerns expressed by Members during the July Membership Survey and during the recently initiated monthly Meet and Greet sessions.The new Agenda-based format will begin with the Membership Meeting on Monday, September 17th at 7:30pm. The Agenda for this meeting is as follows:
- Membership Survey Results Summary
- Board of Directors Response, Actions and Recommendations
- Members Vote on Implementing Recommendations
Please join us as we launch the new meeting format!
- September 12, 2018
Members Meeting & Dinner
Please join us before the Members Meeting on Monday, September 17th, from 6:00 PM to 7:15 PM for dinner. On the menu: Lasagna, Salad, Garlic Bread, and a drink. Donation is $5.00. The Meeting will follow at 7:30pm.
- September 9, 2018
Meet & Greet Thank you!
The Board of Directors of Chester Rod & Gun Club sends a big thank you to all who turned out to talk with us at our first Meet & Greet! We hope to meet and talk with more of you during future sessions.
- August 20, 2018
Meet & Greet Sundays
The Board of Directors of Chester Rod & Gun Club is extending an invitation to all Club Members. Beginning Sunday, September 9, 2018 from 10:00am-2:00pm, Members who serve on the Board of Directors will be at the Clubhouse to meet with any Members who would like to share their thoughts or concerns about the Club.We will be conducting these meetings every month and we are looking forward to meeting you and hearing your ideas & suggestions!
- August 1, 2018
2018-2019 Range Rules
The revised rules have been published. Please take a few moments to review them.