The Chester Rod & Gun Club, located in picturesque Chester, New Hampshire, was established in 1932 to provide a family friendly environment to promote a variety of archery and shooting activities. For our growing membership, we offer shooting matches, family oriented competitions, and training opportunities.
CRGC exists to:
- Promote conservation of natural resources and wildlife.
- Educate people about the responsible, safe and sportsmanlike use of firearms, archery equipment and related equipment.
- Provide safe range areas to practice the use of firearms, archery equipment and related equipment.
- Promote the interests of youth in the safe and sportsman like use of firearms, archery equipment and related equipment.
- Support and follow the rules of the CRGC, the New Hampshire Fish & Game Department, the laws of the town of Chester, the State of New Hampshire, and the United States of America.
These facilities are sometimes made available to the public:
- Outdoor rifle range is sometimes open for the public before hunting season to allow you to sight in your hunting rifle.
- The indoor firearm range is opened by the range officer on selected evenings during select times of the year.
- The indoor archery range is opened during certain seasons by the range officer on selected evenings.
Please consider becoming a CRGC member!
New members are always welcome! Service hours to the Club are encouraged and rewarded with Membership Renewal discounts. Such “membership service” typically consists of some organized and supervised maintenance jobs on the grounds or helping to set up, run, or clean-up after an event. There are always plenty of member service opportunities!
Our membership meetings are held indoors on the third Monday of every month (barring exceptions for holidays, etc.) inside the CRGC clubhouse. Often a supper is available at a reasonable cost to help raise money for the club. Visitors are welcome to stop in and meet us when considering a membership.
The Chester Rod & Gun Club is affiliated with or a member of the:
- Civilian Marksmanship Program
- National Rifle Association
- NRA Institute for Legislative Action
- Gun Owners of New Hampshire
- NH Wildlife Federation
- NRA Junior Rifle Association
- Granite State Bowhunters
- NH Forest Society