Action Shooting Certification Procedure
Action Shooting (AS) certification must be obtained to use the AS ranges outside of organized events. Certification is available for any member of CRGC in good standing. Any member whose range privileges have been suspended or revoked will not be able to use the AS ranges or participate in AS events.
- The live-classroom AS training will be held at least twice a year, and will be announced on the club’s Calendar of Events.
- The class will be administered by a AS Committee member who is also a nationally-certified draw-from-holster firearms instructor.
- Full range rules for the AS ranges and all other ranges can be found here and you should be familiar with them.
- Draw from holster will be used for all phases of the test
- Must demonstrate load and make ready
- Must demonstrate unload and show clear
- Safely re-hoster and draw the firearm with no danger to themselves or others
- Safely fire a firearm from a standing position with a reasonable level of accuracy
- Safely clear any jams or malfunctions that may occur with the firearm during the firing portion of the test
- The shooting portion of the test will be shot from 10 yards
- The shooter will take 10 shots and at least 7 must be in the scoring rings of a standard IDPA or USPSA silhouette target
- The test shall be administrated by a CRGC Action Shooting SO (Safety Officer) who is also an AS committee member
- The SO(s) that administer the test must sign the certification document attesting that the individual passed both the shooting and written test
The written test requires at least 90% to pass, and certification documents will be kept on file by the AS Committee.